Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Disgraziato!

As I'm talking on the cell phone, long distance, with my 81 year old Aunt whom I haven't spoken to in quite a while, my "better half" trys desperately to get my attention as he is tap tap tapping his finger to his wrist to indicate....hey, you have been on the phone long enough!  I continue to talk as I try to ignore him.  He won't settle for my ignoring him so now he verbalizes that I've been on the phone for "three hours" (doubt that) and that I am using up all the minutes!  I wave him off to indicate I've heard him and I continue with my conversation.  When I finally get off the phone he tells  me again that I talked too long on the cell and he said I should have used the land line.  I reminded him I didn't think I'd be on the phone that long, and besides, we have plenty of roll over minutes.  Then it started to get heated and he said he was going to take my cell phone away from me!  Hello?  Since when am I the child and you are my parent?  So, I go get our latest bill from AT&T and show him we have 4,683 roll over minutes and even IF I were on the phone for 3 hours, that's a mere 180 minutes out of the 4,683 that I used!  What is the problem?  He wouldn't let up.  I couldn't believe he tried to justify his position in as many ways as possible because he didn't want to admit he was being ridiculous.  I told him I wanted a formal appology because he was the one who was absolutely wrong on this.  The outcome?  We sat in silence for the next 6 hours, not speaking to each other until I had to do the ususal, break the silence.  During the rehashing of this, he said I was the one wrong because I shouldn't have yelled at him!  Ok...then, honey, I appologize for yelling at you while I was making my point about the roll over minutes.  Now, may I please have YOUR appology.  He replies....."I'm sorry, YOU are SICK!"  Did I hear right?  Then, the real issue came out...."I AM THE MAN OF THIS HOUSE....!"  It just got worse from there until I had to "fake" cry, which at that time I got a hug and an appology from him.  Why is it with some Italian men they can be so stubborn, they won't admit when they are wrong and it takes a whinny, crying female to stop them in their tracks?  You big brut!  Or should I say, you short little brut! Disgraziato!

No comments:

Post a Comment