Saturday, August 25, 2012

Coleslaw VS Sauerkraut

As we drove to our campground in the mountains, we decided we were going to stop at the Italian deli 20 minutes prior to our destination, buy sandwiches and eat at the trailer.  He decided he was going to order...."a delicious Italian Hoagie, yummmmmm!" as he salavates, just thinking of it!  He asked what I wanted.  I said, "A Turkey Special...that's turkey, coleslaw, thousand island dressing or russian dressing on rye."  I repeat it FOUR times and even have him repeat it BACK to me.  He repeated it correctly, but then asked me..."Is it a sandwich?"  I said, "It's ON RYE!".  He said, "Ok, but is it a sandwich?"  I repeat...."It's ON RYE BREAD!"  He says, very camly, "OK then, it's a sandwich".  I should have known then, that this was not going to turn out good.  We arrived at the deli, he went in to order while I stayed in the car with the dog and he came back 15 minutes later with a bag.  I held the bag on my lap as we continued on to the campground, when all of a sudden I feel my leg getting warm!  I put my hand in the bag and sure enough, the small sandwich (which would have been MINE), was WARM!  This is how the conversation goes from  here:
ME:  I screamed....WHAT DID YOU ORDER FOR ME?
HIM:  I ordered EXACTLY what you told me to get!  Turkey, SAUERKRAUT, thousand island dressing on rye bread!
ME:  (I was furious because I HATE Reubens and I don't even think those ingredients are in a normal Reuben...sounds GROSS to me!  I screamed....SAUERKRAUT?  When did I say sauerkraut?
HIM:  Well, you said something like sauerkraut, what did you ask for?
ME:  I said COLESLAW!
HIM:  Sauerkraut, Coleslaw, what do I know, it's the same thing!
The argument continues as I threaten to throw the entire bag out the window, but the saving grace were the cars to our rear and I didn't dare.  The solution...I made him eat my disgusting sandwich and I ate his DELICIOUS ITALIAN HOAGIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment